- This event has passed.
The QDDR and Today’s Development Challenges
May 27, 2015 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
This panel will explore the recently published 2015 Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR). Respondents will engage in a critical analysis of the QDDR from a global development and humanitarian perspective. Respondents will discuss the best attributes of the new strategy combined with an honest discussion of its biggest challenges and missed opportunities. Respondents will be encouraged to see the QDDR within the context of whether or not it is addressing the biggest development and diplomatic challenges we face globally. Respondents will also address whether promised programmatic innovations are being appropriately recognized, operationalized and integrated into our planning for improved diplomatic and development performance and results measurement.
- Larry Cooley, Senior Advisor and President Emeritus, Management Systems International
- Patricia Morris, President, WomenThrive Worldwide
- Diana Ohlbaum, Senior Associate, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
- Tom Perriello, Special Representative for the Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review (QDDR)
- Susan Reichle, Counselor, USAID